Marketing Performance Management
The examination form is a written exam of 60 minutes.
Please keep in mind that you need to register for the exam during the given registration period. It is NOT possible to register after the registration period. Note that no responsibility is taken for the correctness of the information. Please refer to the Examination Office for all examination-related questions.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sie sich nur innerhalb der vorgegebenen Fristen für die Klausur anmelden können. Es ist NICHT möglich, sich nach Ablauf der Frist nachträglich anzumelden. Es wird keine Verantwortung für die Richtigkeit der Informationen übernommen. Bitte informieren Sie sich beim Prüfungsamt über alle klausurbedingten Fragen.
The course addresses problems of measuring, evaluating,and controlling the marketing performance. The course content focusses on success measures of marketing performance management, relevant marketing theories and marketing models, and the essential concepts of marketing performance management (brand equity and customer equity). In addition, instruments for analysing and controlling the marketing performance are presented. Usually, the course includes guest lectures by practitioners that link its contents to practical issues.
- Based on theoretical and empirical contributions, students learn how to evaluate marketing activities in research as well as in business contexts:
- Students understand important theories marketing performance management is based on,
- Students are able to apply these theories in order to quantify the impact of marketing activities,
- Students are able to explain the relationship between marketing and finance; thus, they are in a position to demonstrate the contribution of marketing activities to the value of a firm,
- Students are able to write a master thesis, e.g., in the area of marketing-mix optimization.