Dr. Alexander Edeling
- Marketing-finance interface
- Marketing budget allocation
- Digital marketing
- Econometric modeling, empirical generalizations (meta-analyses)
Alexander Edeling received his doctoral degree in Marketing in 2016 from the University of Cologne and is a postdoctoral researcher at the Marketing Area. From September - December 2019, he was a visiting researcher at Boston University, supported by a research grant from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). His work has been published or is forthcoming in the Journal of Marketing Research, the Journal of Marketing, and the International Journal of Research in Marketing, among others, and was featured in press outlets such as forbes.com, NZZ am Sonntag, WirtschaftsWoche and Horizont. Furthermore, he received several awards for his scientific work, including the IMU Research for Practice Award 2017 by the University of Mannheim, the third place at the EMAC / Sheth Foundation Doctoral Dissertation Competition 2017 and the nomination by the VHB Marketing Section for the 2019 Best Paper Award of the VHB. Before joining the University of Cologne, Alexander graduated from the University of Mannheim with a Diploma in Business Administration majoring in Marketing, Management Accounting and Intercultural Studies. During his studies, he gained valuable practical experience through internships in various fields such as automobile, telecommunication, and consultancy. In addition, Alexander is co-founder of the third-mission initiative eDOCation, a digital platform that connects young researchers and companies.
- Contact person for letters of recommendation by Prof. Dr. Marc Fischer
- Administration of student assistants
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses
- Lecture "Concepts of Marketing Mix Management"
- Management Skills seminar "Self-Marketing in a Digitized World"