How to Publish in A-Journals
Publishing in A+ journals is tough. Unfortunately, it is not sufficient to have a brilliant idea and execute the research project in line with the international state-of-the-art. You also need to be an excellent writer and reader. Writing refers to introducing the research problem, positioning your work relative to the literature, synthesizing your main findings, etc. Reading refers to understanding the messages in the reviews once the manuscript comes back from the review process.
In this seminar, we will focus on training two skills:
(1) Writing a powerful introduction including the positioning relative to the literature
(2) Understanding reviews and drawing conclusions for revising the manuscript
We will address questions such as
• What are success factors of publishing in top tier journals?
• Which kinds of contributions exist?
• How to position your research relative to the literature?
• What are stylistic means for a powerful introduction?
• Which strategy to follow for the submission process?
• How to read between the lines in review reports?
Structure of the course
Please note: All sessions will be held in presence in room 6.207, 6th floor, Bernhard-Feilchenfeld-Straße 9, Köln-Zollstock. The number of participants is limited to 7 persons. Should any restrictions due to the pandemic come up, the course will be offered digitally via Zoom. Please click here for a detailed syllabus.
Target audience: Ph.D. students majoring in marketing and related fields
Prerequisites: Own research project (may be at different stages)
Prior registration is mandatory. Please contact Christa Körner. Final date for registration: April 9, 2021.