Major Module Business Project
The module includes conceptual and applied elements, including presentations by the students, case studies, discussions and guest speakers from the world of marketing. Students are required to do their own reading independently in addition to attending lectures and participating in exercises.
In a business project students work on current managerial topics in close cooperation with a company representative. The goal is to apply scientific theories and methods on the issues at hand and based on this to derive concrete recommendations. Students learn to utilize knowledge and skills gained during their studies, to manage a project, and to work in close cooperation with a company. Furthermore, presentation skills and team work are honed.
The Marketing Area offers the following business projects:
Winter Semester 2021/2022
Summer Semester 2021
- Business Project I with OC fulfillment, by REWE digital
- Business Project II with OC fulfillment, by REWE digital
Learning Objectives of Major Module Business Project
- learn how to translate theoretical principles and methods into practice in practical assignments.
- identify and independently work on real-world problems, for which they then present solutions.
- thus develop an understanding of how analytical techniques and models are applied and transformed in real-life situations.
- identify and independently solve current real-life marketing problems, using the skills and knowledge they have acquired during the program.
- understand, analyze and use current research methods.
- recognize and identify currently relevant, real-world marketing challenges.
- present their results and discuss them with other students and industry representatives.
- learn how to work in a team.
- engage in academic discourse.